United Way of Grant County (UWGC)
Focus support for Health, Education, and Financial Stability in Grant County to achieve measurable results by uniting community resources.
United Way of Grant County envisions a caring community working together to improve the lives of all people.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
UWGC is committed to diversity and inclusion within its own organization and to be an exemplar for leadership and accountability for the organizations it funds. Therefore, the officers, directors, committee members, employees and persons served by UWGC shall be selected entirely on a non-discriminatory basis with respect to age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or any other barriers to participation
Who makes up UWGC
UWGC is a 2 person office comprised of an Executive Director and Office Manager. We have at least 12 but no more than 15 Board member that represent our diverse County. You can learn more about the people responsible for the UWGC operations at Our Leadership (below).
We partner with local organizations that help children, youth, families, and seniors by empowering them to meet basic needs. We meet people where they are and support them as they reach their defined success. Through our funding, UWGC helps support programs and initiatives in Grant County. You can learn more about our program partners at Our Partners (below).
UWGC is committed to diversity and inclusion within its own organization and to be an exemplar for leadership and accountability for the organizations it funds. Therefore, the officers, directors, committee members, employees and persons served by UWGC shall be selected entirely on a non-discriminatory basis with respect to age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or any other barriers to participation.
Early Learning Indiana's Childcare Desert Grant ($150,000)
• Provided support for the expansion of Early Childcare in areas of Grant County that are unserved.
• Support of the creation of the Eastbrook School On My Way PreK program
• Provided support for additional Early education classrooms at Carey Services
• Provided renovation for expansion in Home-Based Providers
• Provided support to Madison-Grant Schools On My Way PreK Program
• Funded Continuing Education Credit Conference for the providers in Grant County
• Grant County Early Childhood Coalition materials and support
ConnectionINHealth: Cardiovascular and Diabetic Health Initiative Grant ($14,178)
• Provided support to allow for nutrition education in areas that do not have walkable access to a grocery
Indiana United Ways: Economic Relief Initiative Grant ($590,815)
• Provided immediate assistance to organizations that we providing services to Grant County during the COVID pandemic.
• Provided food and basic needs to families
• Provided PPE to organization and first responders
Indiana United Ways: UnitedIN20 ($73,867)
• Provided programming support to all 5 County public school systems for STEM and Robotics programs
• Provided support for investment into On My Way PreK classrooms and expansion
• Provided support for personal finance programing
• Provided support for the implementation of the United Way Strategic Action plan and capacity building
Indiana United Ways: UnitedIN18 ($55,787)
• Provided training through the IU School of Philanthropy Fundraising School to 30 Nonprofit leaders in Grant County
• Provided support to the Natural Helpers program in Mississinewa Schools systems. Natural Helpers is a program in the Middle/High School that proactively addresses bullying and mental wellness of students through engaging the naturally trusted students and adults. It also provides for training and support to those individuals.
• Provided funding for the creation of a strategic action plan for the United Way of Grant County.
-United Way of Grant County is the backbone organization and fiscal agent for this countywide coalition
Marion Utilities: H2O assistance program
-United Way of Grant County is the fiscal agent and initial contact organization for this charitable assistance program to clients of Marion Utilities
-United Way of Grant County is the funder of the countywide philanthropic match required to bring the State and Federal dollars into Grant County to support On My PreK seats.