What is 2-1-1?
2-1-1 is a free and confidential service that helps people across North America find the local resources they need 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Every day thousands of people across North America turn to 211 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health, or disaster-related. 211 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people of all ages and from all communities to the essential health and human services they need
A toll-free call to 211 connects you to a community resource specialist in your area who can put you in touch with local organizations that provide critical services that can improve—and save—lives.
You’ll find information about:
- supplemental food and nutrition programs
- shelter and housing options and utility assistance
- emergency information and disaster relief
- employment and education opportunities
- services for veterans
- health care, vaccination, and health epidemic information
- addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- re-entry help for ex-offenders
- support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
- and more!
For more information visit their website or call 2-1-1 today!